Tuesday, May 12, 2009

16 Day Update

Yeah, I have made it 16 days with no sugar or wheat. Yikes. I can honestly say the wheat thing is harder than the sugar. I have started my diet slowly, as I am still waiting for a few things to come in the mail and I am continuing to read and re-read my book to get all my facts together. The rules of the diet are beginning to become more ingrained in my head and it really gets easier every day. This is definitely the kind of diet I must stay on and no straying away from, as I know myself well and I don't know how to do a little. So I will be taking my veggies to the church picnic on Sunday and watching everyone eat their hot dogs or burgers, or whatever they might be eating. What I've noticed so far:

1. A more stable mood. No real lows and highs and no anxiety. I have forgot often to take my Klonopin, so it may be what I need to get off this stuff.

2. My digestive track is improving.

3. There is no guessing about what is going into my body. It is all plain and simple and no extra additives, salt etc. Except on Mother's Day when I went out and got a salad.

4. I am spending even more time in the kitchen.. didn't know that was possible.

5. Our bank account is dwindling.

6. I lost 5 pounds.

7. The one my husband hates..... my size barely A breasts are turning into nothing more than an ant hill.


My hope comes from Jesus and a co-worker I talked to Friday. She sees and MD who now does alternative medicine in Modesto ( apparently a wonderful person and a Christian). One year ago she had almost every symptom I have and she told me Friday as she was doing yoga that she was praising God for getting her health back. She is a new woman again. I finally broke down to make an appt. and was bummed because I could not get in until mid-July. Oh, well, it is in God's hands and he has plans for a restful summer for us Lehner's.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, good for you for hanging in there. Sounds difficult.