Saturday, May 2, 2009

I am not crazy and I AM going to get better!

Wow. Now nine months post surgery and I still feel sick. What a bummer and especially for those who have had to be around me. While the doctors still look at me like I am crazy, I can say for sure that something is not right with me. I still cannot exercise and proven again by a little kid baseball today that wiped me out. I thought it was the DI and then when that was gone I have nothing to blame it on. Here is my assessment:

I have low adrenal output. While I may be within normal range, it is not enough for me. All the symptoms match me to a tee! Light headedness, low blood pressure, tiredness, inability to handle stress, depression etc. etc. The only thing I ran across that talks about inability to exercise is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It actually lists that people get wiped out for days after exercise. BINGO! This has been hard for a person that loves to exercise and also uses it as a major stress release. So, I am going with this diagnosis and hoping my radical diet change will help me slowly but surely feel better. I am not quite prepared to start this diet. I have to order a lot of stuff and keep reading and getting all my information together.

I did come back from a retreat last weekend and decided that while I was not ready to start the diet, I could at least start giving some of the things up that I will eventually have to give up. I gave up sugar and wheat. I think I am ready to feel better, so the diet should be easier with the motivation being: it will someday give me back my health. If anything, I would like to get out of this brain fog. It is by far the weirdest feeling in my life and I HATE IT!

I am going to try to have a more positive attitude and continue to give it to God. Pretty soon, no one will want to hang out with me, as I am quite whinny about the way I feel. If you know me well enough, you know I am an open book and for me to hide my confused head feeling, is almost impossible. God Help ME!

By the way, I don't think the surgery caused this, I beleive it was coming on for years and this just sent me over the edge!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe it's been nine months. Anxious to hear more about your diet.