Sunday, August 16, 2009

Talking about hormones

Here is a direct quote from the book I am reading. It makes sense. It is something I have always believed and no one has actually ever spoken to me. I should reference where I am quoting this, but don't want to do this yet. Here it is:

Low or missing hormones are the base of cancer. Young women with perfectly balanced hormones do not get cancer unless there's a genetic aberration or environmental cause. A perfectly hormonally balanced woman is reproductive and the brain recognizes this template. Once we begin hormonal decline, our problems start. That is when we get our first cancers, heart problems, dementia, etc. so if our hormonal imbalances begin at an early age, such as in our teens or twenties, our brain senses that all is not well and we are not going to be able to reproduce. This is not good for us. At this point the brain would like to eliminate us (biologically speaking) because we are only here for one reason and that is to perpetuate the species. The job of the brain is to sense when we can no longer reproduce and then get rid of us to make room for the young, strong, healthy ones. I know this is harsh, but it's simply the reality of biology.

Ouch! That is a little harsh. I do think their is some truth in that, but I think that eliminates God from the picture? Anyhow this really stuck in my brain for known reasons. I am not dwelling on it, just had to write it and get it out.

No comments: