Ok, so it is not that much, but feels like it. I had my appt. with my doctor about 3 weeks ago over the phone to go over my lab results. In summary, this is what I am dealing with:
Low Thyroid, low iron, low vitamin D , low testosterone, and high Candida (systemic Candida).
Her theory and the one I have stuck with is the underlying cause of all my problems is the Candida. Systemic Candida. Yeast in the blood. Her advise to all was suplement with many different things. For the Thyroid, I am taking a natural Thyroid. She tests the T3 Free. Most doctors look at the T3, T4 Uptake. This is where it gets too clinical for me. My friend listening asked why she tests for that and I think the Free T3 does something for the others? Sorry, I can't remember, but it did make sense. I am taking a bio-identical testosterone that I rub on my inner thighs every morning.
This doctor gave me a supplement for the Candida and said "nothing white". Nothing white would be easy compared to the way I am eating, so I am obviously taking the diet to a different level. The term is "Leaky Gut" and you can read all about it on www. bodyecology.com.
On a positive note I just had the best period in over a year. I started making Coconut Kefir and was told that it has a cleansing effect on the reproductive system. Donna Gates (Body Ecology) states that some women report translucent blood. Well I can attest to that. It was amazing. I have never seen such clear red blood and only one clot in my whole 3 day cycle. This was worth celebrating.
This is all a tad bit overwhelming, and more than expensive, but what is a girl to do when she wants to feel well. I feel a bit presumptuous to say I am already feeling better, but I think I am. Time will tell.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment