Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bright light at the end of the tunnel

After two solid nights of sleep, I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Physically I have been feeling really well and now emotionally I am doing much better. The plus is that my counselor told me yesterday that another counselor in the their office had the same surgery in January and my counselor thought I was in an emotionally better place than he was after a month. I took that as a huge compliment. Considering that my Klonipin issues have set me back emotionally.
I spoke with Carolina yesterday. She said that this is the hard week. You physically feel able to do much more than you should. She over did it a couple of days and felt as if she was getting sick. Her advise to me was take advantage of Jared being home and don't overdue it. Her doctor had told her that it is easy to get an infection while you are doing more than you should. The steroid we take compromises our immune system and from the surgery we are at risk for sinus infections. I will comply. This I am considering my week of vacation. I can read and and enjoy a lot of things right now and don't need to overdue it. I am planning on enjoying this week.

I am still a little congested (sound a lot), but I can breath through my nose when I sleep. I can't smell very well or taste certain things. Other than that I physically feel very well. It is amazing how God designed our bodies to heal. I believe I still have the diabetes insipidus and am still praying for this to go way. I am proud of myself that I have not Googled it and found out how you live with this problem, as I am continuing to lift it up to God in prayer and ask that he heal my body of this problem.

No comments: