Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My venting and stupidity

So, I am at the four week mark today and my husband is returning to work (sad day for us). We did get a chance to enjoy half of his vacation and that was great! Now on to why I am so frustrated. Overall, I have felt worse yesterday and today than I have in over a week.

Andrew got up yesterday morning and took his pull-up off (yes my 5 1/2 year old wears one at night, not my 3 year old though). I insisted he had peed all over himself, it smelled so strongly of urine. As the morning moved on, and he and his dirty pull-up were nowhere in sight, I realized that it was me. I asked Jared to smell me, he said, I did not smell, but everything I smelt all day smelled strongly of ammonia. I also had a bad taste in my mouth. I did some looking online and think possibly I may have been dehydrated? Not really sure. My congestion had been getting better, but took a turn for the worse yesterday.

What would be really nice is to be able to speak to someone at UCSF about my symptoms, but since I have left over 5 messages in the past two weeks, and no one has returned my call, I don't think that will happen. I just continue to call and hang up on voice mail and hope that I will someday get a voice. I do return in two weeks, so maybe all my questions can wait.

Here is the stupid part. I think I may be overdoing it. I have re-arranged my son's room, cleaned out a closet and painted my daughters room.... but, I was feeling so normal. It has been four weeks, so why would this be overdoing it? Oh yeah, I also decided to ride my bike two miles to the Glad Tidings Church to turn in Alyson's preschool paper work last week and two miles back home. I had ask the neurosurgeon when I could ride my bike and the timing was OK. I did not mention to him though, that I would be pulling along a 30+ pound daughter and probably a 20 pound carrier.

This is also not a good season for me with allergies, so how much of what is going on could be my allergies? Just not sure and not sure if I will know. The ammonia smell has gone away today and I have been drinking up a storm. This diabetes insipidus thing is quite annoying. Still praying it will go away.

One last thing, I still have a decreased sense of smell. Not sure why or when this will come back. My congestion is very high up, not something I normally experience with my allergies.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - I had some catching up to do. Sounds like you still have some things to look forward to: more healing, more answers, and more peace!

yearofthedragon said...

Take it easy, Kim! Knock off all that domestic crap. Rest up, don't over do it. Carolina says she still has days when she feels like she's pushing herself, and still has days of congestion. Take care of yourself, friend.

Mattie

Baby-Mama Runner said...

So here's the furture nurse coming out...I think you might be smelling things that aren't there because the olfactory nerve runs right under the pituitary gland. It would make sense that if you mess with the pituitary gland you might induce some weird smell symptoms. Also if your smeller is off, you are going to have a very very limited sense of taste. Most of you taste in because of smell.
And I second the stuff about knocking off the domestic crap. Continue to rest rest rest. Taking care of kids and a house is plenty of activity. Your body needs to use its energy on healing. Praying for you.
Magan