Well, my blood work came back all within normal range. Yeah! That is a huge blessing. So now, I begin the decline on my steroid medication. The two days I have not taken it, one on purpose for the blood test and one on accident; I can say that I felt like crap! It could be coincidental, as my stomach does odd things, but I got sick to my stomach both nights. So, I will begin to taper off. According to the PA, she says take it every other day for a week and then stop.
I am wondering if I should take 1/2 a pill for a week and then go every other day? I like to think doctor knows best, but with my body, I am beginning to think that I know best? And the actual doctor himself told me I could just stop taking it as it was a low dose. I know from Carolina's experience that is not a fun option either.
So, by coincidence I saw the psychiatrist today too. He told me that he believes I have a manic reaction to steroids and that I need to list steroids as an allergy when asked if I am allergic to any medications. He said, that I could take something else with if it is absolutely necessary that I be on them (like this situation). Hmmmm? Don't know what to think about this. I do believe him, but as I have stated every other time, I DO NOT DO WELL WITH ALMOST ANY MEDICATION! I react in ways that most people don't. Thus the reason I am afraid to take medications anymore.
My goal..... let's see if I can do it! I am not going to put anything on my calendar that is not already there in the next two weeks ( I have two 1/2 work days and an ice cream social) and take it easy as my body adjusts to not having the medication. Can I do it? Only time will tell.
I am ready to start blogging about all the other fun nutritional stuff going on in our house, so hopefully soon, this book can be put down for a while.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like this will be quite a process. It also sounds wise to keep your schedule free for a little while. Each answer you get seems a bit of a relief - I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment