This is a big issue in my life that I have been trying to figure out. I cannot exercise, or most of the time I can't. Ever since my surgery I have problems with exercise. I had started to go back to the gym in September and October each time I went, I found myself wiped out for the rest of the day with this funny feeling in my head. This was not strenuous exercise either. I decided after my November hospital stay that I needed to get my medication straightened out before I would start exercising again.
I now have a bosu ball at home and have started to use it without a lot of success. Last week I thought I figured out my problem and it had nothing to do with water. I have pressure in my head that when I take my head down below my heart even to stretch, or do something like a plank that puts pressure on my brain, it ends up hurting me for a long time. Last week I took it very easy and successfully was able to not have the awful feeling in my head all day long. Today I still tried to take it easy, but did do a couple of positions I guess I should not have done. I am now not feeling so hot and extremely frustrated with not understanding what is going on in my head. I have always had pressure in my head. The kind that if you put your head down for too long, you almost pass out. I attributed it to allergies. Now I wonder. I am not even sure who to tell. I will be back at UCSF in a couple of weeks and will tell my neurosurgeon. Until then I guess I will continue to not exercise!
Oh, I forgot to mention that when I was up in the mountains treking up and down hills for hours, I had no problems at all. This really puzzles me.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'd want an answer to head pain and pressure too.
I'm tellin' ya - this is all going to result in moving out of the Central Valley. Like, to Vegas...
get out of the Central Valley!!! Now!!! I tell you, it's like the worst place in the U.S. to live! I hate that you are still going through these symptoms... hope you're doing better soon!
Post a Comment