It all started after I overdosed last week. The following Wednesday I have reduced my dose to 1/2 a pill and after 12 hours my output is normal. Just for a moment I felt as if my DI was gone. We were in the mountains and I was on my period. It was very normal for me to not pee as much on my period, but since the DI, only the last two periods has it really been noticeably less for me. I decided to wait on taking my next dose and after a few hours it was clear the DI was not gone, but since then I have taken only 1/2 a pill 1-3 times a day depending on the day.
So bizarre again. How can my body need 3 pills and then be ok with 1 in a day. My conclusion is that I am producing some of my own Vasopressin and that it varies from day to day. My endo in Fresno has said, that I should take the pill around the same time every day and my body will get use to it, but that didn't work. So after I returned from vacation I finally reached my doctors and asked to have my sodium checked. Stay tuned for a week as that is when most likely I will get it back. Here is what they say...
My UCSF Endo.... The absorption of the medication varies so greatly and that is why sometimes I need more and less. He feels I am doing a good job of figuring out how to treat my body with medication etc. now.
My Fresno Endo.... She believes that I am producing some of my own vasopressin and that is why my bodies needs change so greatly and that she feels it is healing and getting better.
Of course it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out whom I want to believe, but really it just feels better to treat myself more frequently with a lower dose and be safe. I have been way less dehydrated and have much more energy. The most amazing part is that even with the elevation and not working out for almost a year, I did exceptionally well in the mountains climbing up hill in the snow over and over again, and feel like I am doing better, praise God!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad you're feeling better!
Post a Comment