Saturday, February 28, 2009

Life as Usual?

After two days flat in bed, I attempted early yesterday morning to get up and use the potty. It was a little shaky, but I made it with help. Four hours later I did it again on my own. At noon, I went out to get my lab work and the day got better and better after that. So, it is life as usual, except I have become attached to my bed and really enjoy just lying around having my husband wait on me. I never thought I would say that, but it's how I feel today.

Not going to happen today, he is back at work and the kids are and grandmas. This was something pre-arranged as our church is having an all day marriage conference I am going to attend. Three days ago, I never thought I would make it, but amazingly I am back to normal.

My sodium has remained stable for the past several days and so I think we are doing OK. The troubling question is how to prevent this from happening again? After two days of taking 1/2 a pill in a 24 hour period, it is clear my body has hit another level of healing. I am producing more and more vasopressin on my own. It is also clear the DI is not gone. So, we think I am safe to take 1/2 a pill two times a day. I also believe I need to have my labs checked weekly and I need to definitely have them checked when I feel just the slightest bit under the weather.

We move on from here and hope that soon this whole thing will resolve itself. After a week like this, I can't help but feel very lucky and blessed. The whole thing is so overwhelmingly amazing how well my doctors treated me and how fortunate I was that I caught this before my sodium level put me in coma.

1 comment:

Stupendous! said...

Oh, gosh, Kim! I just updated myself on everything you've been through and I am so, so sorry! You will remain in my prayers and I just pray that Dr. Blevins and his team along with the lady in Fresno can join minds to figure this out for you. I hate to think that you had that surgery and didn't need to... I'm so sorry!