Lab work done yesterday as well as a urine osmoality (not sure how to spell) test, chem pannel and cbc pannel. I had been 18 hours from taking 1/2 a pill and peeing my brain out. I felt quite dehydrated by the time the test was taken and my urine was as clear as water. I am pasting my e-mail from Dr. Blevins and his assistant. This summarizes how I feel and my ever so important questions I plan to get answered next week. Let's pray that happens. I have had no phone contact with Dr. Blevins and feel that it would help me. I believe because of liability reasons doctors have had a good class on how to answer e-mails. I don't always get a straight forward answer and I just feel the need to talk to him. I have to say that he is EXCELLENT about getting back to me via e-mail even when he is out of town. Here is my e-mail:
Thanks for your e-mail Dr. Blevins. Below is Gwens response. What does that mean regarding the urine osmoality? Should it be normal? Also, I am wondering about rehydrating. This feeling in my head I think is now a sign of mild dehydration. After the output of the last two days, I got this feeling in my head again and feel quite thirsty. Yesterday is the first day I started to feel dehydrated ( increase pulse, fatigue) While I am taking the medication can I continue to hydrate according to my thirst or what my head is telling me and be safe?
I know you are away, but I have a lot of questions and am meeting with my primary care doctor next Wednesday. I feel like I need to have a plan in place and somewhat of an idea of what is going on. Here are my questions that I would like to see if we can answer sometime next week:
1. Am I producing different amount of my own vasopressin at different times and this is why sometimes I only need 1/2 a pill and sometimes I need more? It just seem bizarre to me that 1/2 a pill can last me so long at times.
2. I think maybe the day I took 2 whole pills is the day that my sodium dropped so low, but due to my output, it felt like I needed more. How can I know if it is necessary fluid my body is getting rid of and how do I know if I need more medication.
3. What is the maximum safest dose we think I can handle at this time?
4. What is a reasonable time frame to have my sodium checked (i.e. weekly, bi weekly, etc)?
5. In the event my sodium drops again, I want to have a plan in place to have it raised slowly. I don't feel I can just go to the hospitals around here and hope that someone knows what they are doing. What kind of doctor can I get in touch with before this happens again, that might know how to handle this well?
6. Dr. Srikanth feels I am out of her scope of practice and also mentioned to me in our last conversation that she feels I need a water deprivation test? Is that necessary?
Thanks for your assistance Dr. Blevins. Your quick responses are very helpful. Please let me know when we can talk about these questions. I will be on the road all day Tuesday and not at my e-mail. My cell phone number is (559) 259-8774. Other than that, you can reach me at your convenience next week, but would be helpful to have some answers so when I see my primary doc, he can be on board with it all.
Kim
-----Original Message-----
From: Stanhope, Gwendolyn [mailto:StanhopeG@neurosurg.ucsf.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 9:53 AM
To: Kim Lehner
Subject: RE: lab work
Hi Kimberly, we got the labs yesterday afternoon, all values are within normal range. They are on Dr. Blevins desk for his review. Gwen
-----Original Message-----
From: Kim Lehner [mailto:1mswlehner@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 9:23 AM
To: Stanhope, Gwendolyn
Subject: FW: lab work
Hi Gwen. I called the lab and it was not written on there that I could get the results. Since Dr. Blevins would like me to text them to him, they said you could just fax a note to them that states it is ok to give to me.
The
labs fax # is (559) 585-5746. Their number is (559) 585-5742. Could you please let me know if you can do this? Thanks.
Kim
-----Original Message-----
From: Blevins, Lewis [mailto:BlevinsL@neurosurg.ucsf.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 9:00 AM
To: Kimberly Lehner
Subject: RE: lab work
out of town until Tuesday but TEXT me the results and I'll text you back
________________________________
From: Kimberly Lehner [mailto:1mswlehner@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Thu 3/5/2009 2:13 PM
To: Blevins, Lewis
Subject: lab work
Hi Dr. Blevins. I had to take my medication last night and so the last
1/2
pill I took was at 7:45 last night. I had my lab work done at 1:15 today, so you should receive the results today. Thanks.
Kim
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment