So, as I keep thinking tomorrow will be the day that I let this die and move on with my life, it is not yet today. It is so incredibly hard to think of anything else when you pee over 4 liters a day. I have so many questions for my doctor and he does not answer them all. I have been one to run around looking for answers and most often never finding them and I am struggling right now with if I should just be content with the lack of answers or search out another specialist.
Dr. Blevins is good at getting back to me with my questions, but only some of them and usually in very brief answers. The hardest part for me to digest is the information that was given to me in the beginning and the information that is given to me now is contradictory. It was talked about being such a minor condition "take your medication and you will live a normal life". Now all I get is that the medication varies, now people vary, and that it is normal for DI patients sodium to drop once a year. OK, so if all of this is so normal, how do they deal with it? Who treats them so they don't end up with water brain adaptations? Also, why is my urine now yellow? How come I can't do anything without my heart racing and becoming fatigued? How does one live a normal life with DI?
These are the horrible thoughts and emotions that go through my head. Most professionals give me a very pathetic look of empathy and blank stares with no answers. I cannot tell you how many (general practitioner, psychiatrist, MFT, endocrinologist, etc). My MFT has the best advise on how to handle the emotions of this, but it is my personality type to keep asking, do I seek another opinion? Do I find someone who might take the time to answer my questions? I just don't know. As you can see I am having a hard time with "just accepting" the lack of answers. I know I am not being unreasonable. I have watched people through the adoption process and seen those with control issues try to control the process and not accept the lack of answers. I feel I have done well in many areas of my life with releasing control, but get so incredibly frustrated with the medical system. Am I really expecting my doctor to be God? No, I would be perfectly content with an "I don't know" answer, or "let me see if doc so and so has seen any patients like you". I would also be very content with consistent answers or even just an acknowledgment that you received my 5 questions and don't want to answer them. OK, I can see now that I have some anger issues building up with my doctor. Again, "what's a girl to do?".
All I know to do is PRAY! That's all I know.. oh yeah, cry too.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment