Well, I never got my five questions answered from Dr. Blevins. I went to see my primary doc and it was semi-helpful. He feels he can support me by having my labs drawn every two weeks to monitor my sodium and hopefully get it before it drops too low. He also felt that I should go up to San Francisco and get my questions answered, "if he is the expert, then he needs to figure this out". I am just not sure. I know he is doing the best he can, but not sure how much more I can expect from him. This requires a lot of prayer on my part because honestly I don't know what to do.
One of the funny things my doctor said to me was, "how do you feel about putting on some weight?". I said, "I for the first time in my life could care less about my weight, I just want to be healthy". He said, "I think if you put on ten pounds you might have more reserve". Sorry, doc I disagree. My weight right now is my low weight. Ten pounds heavier is where I usually am when I eat whatever I want. I am low on weight, and not actually low morelike ideal, and it is because of all the fluid I have lost. So "no" to that suggestion and it has nothing to do with my body issues.
This week has actually been a good DI week. The last three nights I have taken 1/2 a pill every 24 hours! I have felt pretty hydrated and not too weak and not peeing my brains out. It feels good. My period should be here any hour and we will see what the next five days brings.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment