Friday, March 27, 2009

I do not have a green thumb






















Have you ever thought, "wouldn't it be nice......"? Ever since I have been learning more about good nutrition and benefits to our health, I thought "wouldn't it be nice to live on some land where you could grow your own stuff and have your own chickens etc. etc". Then an e-mail came across my computer last summer about a local farm where you kind of rent your own row and harvest your own vegetables. I thought, "wow how awesome is that?" Then my friend Aaryn says she wants to do it and we can split a row and then it becomes more affordable.
I have really never grown anything in my life, but I do like to learn. Thanks to Ms. Jeannie as Alyson calls her, I am learning. We are required to tend to our row and the community garden at least one day a week. After four visits, I am having fun, and hope when it is 110 I feel the same!
Three weeks ago, we planted Lettuce. Then Aaryn planted carrots and then last week we planted onions. This week we transplanted the lettuce that had already sprouted. I was absolutely amazed to see the lettuce sprout up, that is how planting illiterate I am.












1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is great - I am so excited for you - and impressed. I have a garden plot in my own backyard and I avoid it!!! Keep posting about how it goes.