Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I love it when God slams the door shut!

Ok, so maybe sometimes I am a slow learner. Today the door was slammed shut very hard on my herbalist lady. Too much detail to get into, but she pretty much dismissed me as a client. She therefore dismissed my family. The best part is that her reasoning was so irrational that it made it clear to me that she has such a limited view of things. Basically, I terrify her with my sodium issues and she wants nothing to do with me. Since I was leaning on her as my only hope, I have to turn back to Jesus. I was angry, but thankful I had been to therapy just before I saw her and so that helped me control myself, not to mention the clients of her that walked in while she was dismissing me. The whole idea of feeling abandoned again was a hard thing to handle. No one really wants to care for me. Yes, Jesus does and he is doing quite a fine job! It helps when God slams these doors shut because there is no question as to what to do, you just know.

It was not a total loss, I do believe that this lady has a lot to say about nutrition and I have learned a lot and soaked in some of what she has said and looked further into her theories. Some of it makes no sense at all, but again, I like that even in a bad situation, I can take some good and learning from it.

I do have a backup plan that I will explore. Many people that work for Bethany in Modesto have similar problems as mine. They see a lady who was an MD and then decided to do integrated medicine for women. They all swear by her and have told me I need to see her. So many of my issues are shared by one of the other social workers and so I felt like it might be worth a try. Jared had convinced me to not jump into anything else until I gave what I was doing a try. So, I gave it a try and the door was locked shut today. I will keep praying about it and see what path is next. Most of all I am going to enjoy each day I feel well and enjoy not peeing all the time before I move too quickly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like good stuff!