Alyson got sick again and coughed all night long for several nights. The most disgusting brown green crap was coming out of her nose again and then I got sick! Her doctor wanted to give her antibiotics immediately and then load her up on all this allergy stuff again. I had to go into the walk in as one Saturday I was getting worse instead of better and Jared said I better go. I got my antibiotics for the second time this year and went to the pharmacy to have it filled.
When I was picking it up, I talked to my pharmacist friend who is extremely helpful and friendly. I had been there so often lately she and I had exchanged stories. As I am talking, she hears my little girl down below cough and coughing and she asks me what her story is. Long story short, she offered some advise that was more logical than I could have ever imagined.
The Zyrtec that Alyson an I take is an antihistamine. What do antihistamines do? They stop the mucus from flowing. She said that Alyson needs to get the mucus out! Yes, indeed she sure does. Then I asked about myself and realized for how many years have I had the most incredible headaches all year round and my antihistamine has been keeping the mucus up there. How I rejoice when I sneeze to relieve the pressure. She also showed us how to use the saline drops the right way and how to blow our nose the right way.
So far some of the best advise I have received in a long long time! Yes, the pharmacist telling us to get off the medicine! Boy, has this helped me and four weeks later Alyson is doing fine.
You will not yet hear me swear by anything, time will tell and that is why I am writing it all down.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment