In March came the surgery. Nervous as heck about the thought of putting my daughter under anesthesia and a little sick to my stomach about the thought of finding polyps. Thank goodness I have a wonderful Christian counselor who I started seeing November and so my ability to deal with this was greatly improved do to my more healthy thought processes. Jared and I chose not to tell anyone except our parents about the Cystic Fibrosis and that was mainly because we wanted to talk about it, everyone else just knew there was a chance they could find something that was not so great.
The surgery went well and the doctor was actually impressed with what little mucus was found. What he did find was some structural problems in her upper sinuses that he felt could be a great contributing factor to stuff being stuck up high and becoming infected. No polyps (praise God) and overall a pretty good report. He sent the sample off for culture to see what antibiotic he wanted to treat her with for yet another 14 to 21 days. He sent her home with the same medicine she was on a month early until we would see him again in two weeks. This is the antibiotic that tore her stomach up and would make my daughter into a mean little girl who complained about being hungry all the time.
Overall, Jared and I felt some relief and that we had some answers to what has been going on with Alyson.
Target had made a mistake when filling this antibiotic and four days after her surgery I talked to the doctors office about changing or stopping the medicine as she was in a lot of pain from the med cine. It is then I discovered she had been taking a much higher strength more times a day than the doctor had actually ordered. The cultures had come back negative for any bacteria and so they agreed to finish the bottle (one more day) and we could stop. This was great news.
I forgot to mention that leading up to the surgery, Alyson was doing fantastic. She had had one great month. She had been to Disneyland and not picked up a bug. Her eyes looked better than ever and her stomach was operating the best it had in a long long time.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment