Oh the beautiful, wonderful fruit that we have in the San Joaquin Valley. This is something I look forward to every summer. Unfortunately, no one in our family is enjoying the delicious fruit right now. This is because it feeds our fungus. The only fruits we are allowed to eat are bananas, apples, applesauce (no sugar added), lemons, limes and grapefruit. I thought this would kill me!
Actually, it did not kill me and I am doing quite well. It is when you take everything away from me that I have a problem. According to our herbalist/nutritionist she had fungus that she was unable to get rid of for 7 years!! I sure hope it doesn't take me that long. Sugar feeds fungus. She insists that we can have only the above mentioned fruit because of the sugar content. I know bananas are higher on the glycemic index and berries are low, but we cannot have berries, so as I did deeper into this maybe I will understand her reasoning. Until then, I am just trusting her. Then again, maybe I don't need to understand because I feel better. It is amazing how much the fruit would really mess me up. The added benefit is that I have been able to keep off the weight I lost when I was not eating anything in May and am moving back into my smaller clothes. This of course helps a lot!
So how do you explain this to your nice neighbor who cut her branches down for our kids to see all the different sizes of peaches on the branches? I just said, "thank you very much we love peaches". I do have a hard time telling people that we all have fungus and cannot eat any summer fruit. It is even harder when we go to peoples houses or church on Wednesday night and they have watermelon. I opt not to tell my kids to not eat it, so there has definitely been some fungus feeding around here; just less than before.
1 comment:
You're so funny! "Fungus-feeding!" Now really! :) However, I will say that Evan's eczema has looked so much better since I took him off citrus fruits and he is on soy milk now. I didn't cut dairy all together, just milk. So, there is something to the theories that deal with omitting certain foods. Glad you're feeling better
Post a Comment