This past year I have been tested on many things and the one that is still challenging me is patience. I am trying to take one day at a time and doing a pretty good job at it; I think. It was a little bit of a challenge getting my test results back, but after my perseverance I did receive a call back from Dr. Glossbrenner today. He reported to me that my Cortisol level was 6.5 at 11:00 a.m. I will now persevere in trying to get in touch with Dr. Blevins at UCSF and see if I can taper off the Dexamethasone. My results last time were 5 and so I was of course hoping for a bigger number, but am tyring to stay focused on the positive factor that my numbers went up and not down. Dr. Glossbrenner explained that the Dexamethason will suppresses my adrenal glands from producing more Cortisol, so he felt that was a good enough number to come off the medication, but he is not the expert in this field and so we will wait, oh so patiently (yeah right) and see what kind of answer I get from Dr. Blevins at UCSF.
I feel so much better that I really thought my number would be higher. I have had a significant less number of episodes of feeling light headed and have much more energy. I am still not feeling as good as I would like, but I will take the slight improvements as they come.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't want to excuse impatience, but somehow this seems like more than a patience issue. It's so understandable that you would be anxious to hear news about your own health - not that anxiety is better than impatience. But anyway... glad you're hearing good news even if it's painfully slow.
Post a Comment