Tuesday, October 28, 2008

To Follow Medical Advise

So I knew it wouldn't be long before I would have to make a decision regarding who's advise to follow. Today I woke up in bed extremely dizzy. I was not dizzy laying down, but I could not get up. So, when I say that I am thankful for each day I can get up and take care of my kids, this is what I mean. Jared thank goodness was off today and was able to get the kids off to school/preschool. I took a Sudafed and waited to feel better.

Since I am no longer taking my Dexamethason, I decided it best to inform my doctor of my new symptoms. When I say doctor I mean PA, as I never get to talk to the doctor. Once the Sudafed kicked in, I felt much better, but still much pressure in my head. As the day has gone on, I have felt better just from being upright.

The PA called me late this afternoon and asked if I have allergies. I had to report that I have horrible allergies and that I take nothing for them (thanks to my holistic practitioner and my choice to follow her advise). She suggested I take my Flonase again and keep up with the Sudafed and call if I don't get better.

Well, I am still hopeful in the fact that I will get some healing someday, but it is going to have to happen while I take something for allergies. I have to weigh the risks and benefits and when you can't get out of bed, you have to do something. The whole reason in the past that I stopped, was because I would still have multiple days of being dizzy and sinus pressure on the medication. I figured why take them if it doesn't really help. My pharmacist friend also convinced me to stop the Zyrtec and as of right now, I am not yet giving back into my Zyrtec.

My other theory is that my nasal hormonal spray does not work to capacity because of my congestion. I have been able to tell that even when I use one nostril as opposed to the other, it lasts longer. So, here we go again, working on a new problem. I am still trying to keep a positive attitude that things will get better... Right?

No comments: