While the painful periods have subsided, I continue to have ovarian pain. This is something I had for years. I decided to call the PA at UCSF, knowing exactly what she would tell me, but I did it anyway. She said, it should have nothing to do with my Prolactin Level. I asked if anyone else has ever complained of this pain and she said, "no"! She suggested I see my OBGYN which I don't have. UGH! She also told me when your prolactin level is raised, you don't usually have a period. Well, I did, another exception to the rule for me.
Now, I know that this does not have "nothing" to do with my prolactin level. Why when I took the medication to shrink the tumor did I have the worst period of my life and then post-op 8 weeks, I have the now worst period of my life. The prolactin level being raised had something to do with my ovaries not working right and therefore the endometriosis could not be felt? I don't know, but I want to understand. That is all, I want to understand. So I got off the phone and prayed. I need a local physican who will be aware of all my problems. My local doc is almost impossible to get into and I hate to see the PA's in his office. I decided to go to the website and see who is listed under the Hanford Regional Network of physician and hope that one would magically pop out and I would know who I should see.....
I decided to look under Internal Medince, why? I don't know? Low and behold Dr. Glossbrenner's name was on there. Here is the story on Dr. Glossbrenner. He was the head and probably still is of Quality Assurance at Hanford Community when I was doing my internship there. He was a very knowledgeable and personable man. At that time he had a practice in Bakersfield. When Jared needed to see someone several years ago I told him about Dr. Glossbrenner. He was working one day a week at the medical building in Hanford. Jared was very impressed and thought he was extremely thorough. He knew the answers to his problem that our other doctor had not diagnosed ( I honesty don't remember the problem). Well, after Jared saw him, he said he was no longer seeing patients in Hanford anymore and Jared was really bummed.
So, today when I saw his name, I thought what the heck, I will call the number. I found out he is working at the clinic 2 times a week and he was easy to get into. I am not sure why some doctors practice at the clinic, but I am thinking because they care about the poor? Anyhow, I definitely feel that this is an answer to prayer, as I need to see someone who will listen and guide me in the right direction. THANK YOU JESUS!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay!
Oh, good!! I hope he's helpful!
A high prolactin stops your period from occurring, while a low one is what is normal for a female and that allows your cycles to return normally. The pain you get is due to endometriosis? is that what you said? The pain was being masked for a long time because your cycles were not able to occur on a regular basis because of the high prolactin. I'm sorry you have so much pain. I would definitely keep the search on for a GOOD OB/GYN if I were you so that you can get to the bottom of what is causing the pain. Can your friends or your sister recommend a good OB/GYN to you?
Post a Comment