Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My one month check up with MD and faith questions

I am again quite impressed by my new doctor. Again, he spent a good 30 minutes with me, no rushing and asked if he answered all my questions. He explained everything on my lab work one by one and what exactly it meant. I was pleased that everything is within normal limits, except my prolactin which was slightly low.

I talked to him about my episode of dizziness last week and he offered a few suggestions as to what might have been wrong and how to determine when it happens again. My opinion on one of his suggestions is that I was dehydrated. I am having a hard time with the DDAVP (hormone for my Diabetes Insipidus) and I remember waking up very thirsty. He told me I could take the DDAVP three times a day as twice a day is not currently cutting it for me. We are going to try and add a pill instead of the nasal spray one time a day and if necessary, I can give myself a shot. I suspect because of nasal congestion, it is not getting completely absorbed, either that or the batch my pharmacy sent me is bad? Don't know, but will work with it and learn through trial and error.

When I had my episode I had Jared take my blood pressure and it was low, but that is my normal. He suggested next time to take it again after sitting and then standing and it will give us a better idea about the cause of my dizziness. I hope there is not a next time, but if there is I hope my husband is home.

I am going to see the local endocrinologist just because another opinion is not a bad idea and Dr. Glossbrenner agreed with this. I am feeling really good with the number of issues I can mark off of my list as getting better and no longer a problem. I have hope and faith that it is only going to get better.

One area I could use a little more faith in is the fact that it may still be possible for the Diabetes Insipidus to go away. I pray every night for God to turn this around,but I feel like I lack the faith in him to do this. The crazy thoughts go through my head like "God wants you to have this for some reason" "you are not that important for him to heal you of this" "be thankful for the other healing and stop whining about this". I know I can't be the only one who struggles in this area, so I am open to suggestions. I feel as if I am being tested on my ultimate faith in God and am afraid that if I am not healed, I might not have as much faith? Does this make since? Sure could use help from someone other than a doctor in this area and maybe I will make an appointment with my pastor.

2 comments:

yearofthedragon said...

I'm glad your doctor is taking the time to really talk to you. Glad Jared was there when you got dizzy, and that he knows how to take blood pressure! EMR training is useful. :) Take care, Kim, and hopefully all will be better with time.

Unknown said...

I'm reading Luke right now so certainly there is a correlation between faith and healing there - but I don't know the wisdom about when you aren't healed. I know all the teaching on God's timing and yada yada yada - but I guess what I'm saying is keep hanging on to Jesus and do go talk to your pastor if you need to.