So today I wake up feeling normal. Yeah. I am back to myself. No more dizziness and my room actually has a bay view. I do have a roommate though and that is a bummer especially when she snores and they place a shunt in her head at 12:00 a.m.. Amazingly I did sleep last night.
Today has been a day of testing I have had multiple lab draws and keeping track of my intake and output for 24 hours. This was helpful and when Dr. Aghi (my neurosurgeon and attending physician) visited me tonight he was able to see that the DDAVP is not quite covering me long enough. Not sure what we will do with this, but he and Dr. Blevins will work on it. The Goals of the stay are:
1. Have MRI to make sure no brain cells were injured (not really sure how they can see this, but that is what they say)
2. Do lab work to see what my sodium level is like during different times of the day.
3. Check hormone levels to see if my Adrenals are kicking out enough Cortisol.
4. Overall observe me to assure that I am ok. That's humorous!
5. Try to determine what happened and prevent it from happening again.
What I know so far?
My MRI came back and good. No tumor and no damage to brain cells.
Dr. Blevins was flying to LA yesterday and is due back today. According to Dr. Aghi he is coming to see me still tonight (it is 6:30 p.m. right now). Jared is sitting by my side waiting to see if Dr. Blevins comes in before he heads off to Danville to sleep for the night.
The most confusing thing is that apparently if my sodium level was truly 118 then I should not have been as thirsty as I was. I definitely felt dehydrated and that is not how I should have felt. It all seems to be a little mysterious to the doctors and myself. There is the possibility that the lab made an error and my sodium was really not 118. We of course will never know that.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment