- My sodium this morning is 138 and this is a good number.
- I need to have my sodium checked Monday and probably regularly to monitor what is going on.
- According to my body weight my daily output should be between 1500-1800 ml. This is about 2 liters.
- If I get concerned about fluid overload, it would be ok to miss a dose. Some people do this once a week.
- It would be wise to have a nasal spray on hand for if I get the stomach flu. I may end up in the hospital with a simple stomach flu, just to have my sodium raised slowly.
- If a person's sodium drops quickly then it can raise quickly. I am most likely one of these people and so whoever is providing my care needs to know this.
- My DDAVP should not have been held when I was hospitalized with low sodium and it was.
- "I am obviously a more fragile DI patient". AMEN
- Dizzy, nausea, and headache are signs of low sodium.
- I should not hesitate to call their after hours line and I need to get that number again and carry it with me. Dr. Blevins, Kunwar and Aghi would be the only ones who respond to those calls.
- Since I have never really got my DI medically under control I may have been walking around with a low sodium level.
- My cortisol level was never taken here at the hospital and the order was never written for the cortisol stimulation test. This is an error I am grateful for as I do not want this test unless I absolutely need it.
- I COULD HAVE DIED OR HAD SERIOUS BRAIN INJURY! Thank you God, for your protection.
- The MRI that was taken showed no damage, but it takes sometimes a month for them to show up. If I have symptoms in a month, they may do another.
- Dr. Aghi reported to Dr. Blevins that I was still experiencing some neurological symptoms last night. That is news to me and I would love to know what they were?
We discussed my experience at Hanford Community and it was not a good one at all, but Dr. Blevins agrees that 40 minutes is a long ways to travel when you are so sick. He feels like the endocrinologist if he was in fact giving the orders at Hanford Community, he did not make good decisions.
Dr. Blevins has been to Fresno to meet local endocrinologist and the one that he feels is the most knowledgeable in DI is Sujatha Srikanth. He states that she is extremely wise and would be a great local doctor to have on board. He also said that if I called her on Monday and said that he referred me, that she would most likely fit me in next week.
Dr. Blevins gave me two extreme cases of a DI gone bad. Scary stories, but good to hear. After our long discussion and question answering, I feel that we finally are communicating. He promises to answer my e-mails and is making changes in his office about communication. His staff got in trouble for not keeping my file updated and Gwen his PA for not communicating my concerns to him and taking care of them herself. She is the PA. He is willing to work with whomever locally to keep my driving into San Francisco at a minimum. There is still hope this will go away. He says even up to a year and he has seen one reverse after 8 years. KEEP PRAYING KIM!
I feel like we are off to a better start than before. Then the weird part. Why do I bring out weirdness in people sometimes? After our good 45 minute or so talk (my RN who walked in said she was impressed at how detailed he was with me), he then tells me he is off to San Jose to see his MFT. He and his wife are going through a divorce. I say, " I am sorry to hear that" and he says, "no, it is a good thing". He then goes on to tell me WAY more information that I would want to know about my doctor and all the nasty little details of his divorce and how his wife cheated on him and has basically abandoned their 16 year old daughter. How she has a borderline personality and on and on and on? Oh,my. I guess he needed to vent with someone today and so I was here. I have to say, it almost felt as weird as the doctor that told me I have a hot bod! Life is interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment