I have been having a very weird experience of receiving my EOB's and finding that I owe nothing. If you don't have a PPO and aren't continually using your insurance you may not know what an EOB is. In our family we receive them on a daily (not kidding) basis. An EOB is an Explanation of Benefits. It tells you what the provider billed, what the contracted rate of payment is as well as your payment.
Well, all of mine in the past two weeks have come back that I owe nothing! It is weird the hospital stay at Hanford Community, the lab work, the doctors visit, the whole stay at UCSF. I owe nothing. I kept thinking something must be wrong. Well today I received one from UCSF and again it said I owed nothing. So I pulled out my plan benefits and low and behold we have a annual maximum. I had no clue.. that tells you it is a little steep. Anyways, hallelujah. I knew God would provide and I was so curious how it would happen because the money is going out faster than it is coming in.
This may sound bizarre, but the last day at UCSF that I was feeling so good and had the bay view was truly a vacation, now that I know I didn't have to pay for it. Of course I would never choose a vacation with a roommate that snored louder than thunder, but hey I finished my book I had been trying to finish for three months and I had someone waiting on me hand and foot and I truly felt relaxed! Anyway, my husband is again unreachable by phone so I am sharing this exciting new with whomever might still be reading my blog.
One last crazy note. I am thinking about what other kind of care I might need checked out or done in the last few weeks of the year? Maybe I will have my Mitro-valve Prolapse checked out, it has been recommended for sometime. We'll see if I can get in.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Smart woman. Might as well get a therapeutic massage of some sort as well! :)
I had the same experience of "vacation" when I had gall bladder surgery. Sad but true that moms consider hospital stays similar to spa vacations. Oh, and I had to pay for mine! But I'm glad you are getting a good break.
That is awesome! Man, do I wish we had that. I, on the other hand, am sure that we are going to get an extra big tax credit for all of our medical bills. To make sure, I'm moving all of my January appts. to December. I'm hoping for a big return...:-)
I'll be anxiously awaiting to hear about your next medical procedure...
Post a Comment