Figuring it out..
Ever since the surgery I have had several problems, that I have blamed on the surgery. One is this light headed feeling I will get out of nowhere that sometimes goes away from eating or laying down. The other is my lack of energy.
Both I believe to be a result of dehydration. I am running on empty. This too would be the reason I am wiped out after exercise and afraid to work out anymore. If I had not developed the DI, I think I would be a new person, but of course that didn't happen.
All my hormone lab work came back again within normal range. So, it's not my thyroid or adrenals. My endocrinologist is working with me to get the medication right. Is it surprising that my medication is so complex for my body? Apparently this is not normally the case, but then there is me.
I record every day how much I urinate and drink. I wish I could describe to you how bizarre all of this really is. If I graphed my output results they would be all over the place. Some days the medication works beautifully and some days not at all.
I had been waking up in the morning with a heart rate of 80+ after I shower, do my hair etc. Then about an hour later it would slowly go down and mid morning it would be around 60. Since I have increased my medication and can keep up more with my intake, it has been significantly better. That is until this a.m., but this a.m. between 4:00 and 7:30 I peed over 1 1/2 liters. Once I got my fluids back up, I got much better. Along with the fast heart rate comes extreme fatigue. I get winded lifting my arms over my head and doing normal house work.
I think I am able to detect when I am starting to get dehydrated to try to prevent it. In a case like today I should have taken my pill the first time I urinated at 4:00 a.m. instead of 5:30. At that point I was already depleted by 1200 ml's. I try to drink a lot of water prior to bed, but it is sooo hard. It is such a psychological battle to drink and drink and drink before bed. I will keep trying to fight that battle. It also appears that I get congested when I am started to dump a lot of urine. I can almost catch myself during the day get really plugged up and then I drink and it goes away. After the surgery I thought it was all surgery related and now believe that I was just very dehydrated.
My greatest fear...
The stomach flu. I am terrified. Now, no one really wants it anyway,but being so depleted all the time and then not being able to replace the fluids orally is very scarry and life threatening. My doctors state that I will most likely need to be hospitalized with an IV if I get the stomach flu. It really scares me and what would then be my second fear is not having enough time to get to Fresno or Visalia. I do not want to go back to Hanford, but you can be assured that whomever is treating me will be asked to call my doctor in San Francisco.
Hopefully a few months from now I will have all of this figured out, or better yet, it will have gone away.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment